This post focuses on the advantages of in mold labelling. If you don’t know about this technique, please visit our post explaining what are IML labels and how the mold-injection process works.
What are the main advantages of in mold labelling?
IML is a technique for decorating plastic parts that presents a series of improvements compared to other techniques, such as direct screen printing:
- Resistance: during the injection process, the product and the label are integrated into a single element. That is, they are not independent as happens with conventional labels. IML labels are fused with the plastic part during the manufacturing process, making decoration an inherent part of the product.
- Durability: Thanks to our printing technique, the ink remains encapsulated, protecting the decoration for years. The inmold labeling can withstand the high temperatures of industrial washing and processes, being a widely used solution in semi-transformed products.
- Versatility: these labels adapt to almost any shape and can be printed on different types of plastic, facilitating the fussion during the decoration process. IML is used in cups, buckets, caps, boxes, bins or containers.
- Visual quality: compared to direct screen printing, IML printing is done in offset, ensuring very high definition.
- Recyclability: IML labels must be made of the same material as the packaging. If the container is recyclable, the label will be too.
- Health and safety: Grifoll has developed a printing process that encapsulates the inks, preventing direct contact with mouth and food.
Upcoming legal benefits
In mold labelling is a higher quality decorative process that will benefit from new regulations regarding disposable plastics. For a piece of disposable plastic it is not necessary a decoration that resists long periods of time or several uses. But in the case of reusable plastic items that seek to maintain visual quality over time, In Mold labels are the decorative solution that best suits.
In summary, the many advantages of in mold labelling are contributing to its becoming the most widely used decorative solution. If you want to know more about how we can help you with this product, you can contact us directly or visit our IML label manufacturers page.