What are Good Manufacturing Practices?
The Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guarantee that a factory meets the necessary requirements for its products to come into contact with food.
The GMP cover the entire production process of an organization. They supervise that the procedures are safe and controlled by rigorous and consistent methodologies.
Grifoll has certified its GMPs up to 2020 through the American Institute of Bakery. Since 2021, our good practices have been audited according to the FSSC 22000 and are integrated into Grifoll’s Food Safety Management System.
Good manufacturing practices for cosmetics
For compliance with GMP in the field of cosmetics, the regulation UNE-EN-ISO22716. This standard establishes the lines of good manufacturing practices for cosmetic products in accordance with the foundations of the new European Regulation.
The ISO22716 standard focuses on reducing incidents in the manufacture of cosmetic products.
What advantages do Good Manufacturing Practices provide?
The positive factors provided by GMP are:
- They guarantee the safety of food and cosmetic products.
- They check that the products are suitable for their intended use and that they do not expose users to any risk.
- Continuous improvement based on critical examination of processes.
- They ensure compliance with legal requirements by the manufacturer.
- They allow the organization to manage the quality and safety requirements of its supply chain.
Grifoll applies Good Manufacturing Practices to its promotional packaging solutions. This guarantees a safe insertion of our promotional gifts in food products.
In summary, the Good Manufacturing Practices are working guidelines that allow manufacturers of food products to control that their suppliers serve materials suitable for food, guaranteeing the final safety of the product in the market.